Monday, November 16, 2009

We Got Mail!

We got a letter dated November 1, 2009
Hey Family,
Another week has gone by. Time is flying by so fast. I can't believe that I only have 16 days left in the CTM. I am doing pretty good. My body is finally getting use to the food. Today is Fast Sunday. We had a mission conference. It was really good, but I fell asleep during one of the talks. We had Fast and Testimony meeting. I was the first one to get up and share my testimony. This was the 2nd time I was one of the first ones to share testimony. It was a very good meeting.

We had an interesting week this week. The Brazilian in our room got sick and he was coughing all night long. He went to the doctor and they quarantined him. Then yesterday they wanted to talk to us. They think he has swine flu, but they don't think it is bad because he didn't have the great big symptoms, they caught it early. They told us to watch our temperatures and just be smart. I am doing very well.

This week we worked on lesson 3 em Portuges. I am doing okay with this lesson. I am learning quick and I can see how the Lord is blessing me with learning the language.

I am doing very well. Today's lunch was very good. We had pasta and watermelon. It was very good. I am glad I am on a mission and learning the gospel in Portuguese. Thank you guys for all the updates on Grandpa and other things in life. I missed not going to Disneyland with you guys, but it was good to hear you guys had a good time. Hey, I wondered what you guys decided to be for Halloween. They had a holiday like it down here. They celebrated it on the 30th.

I still can't believe how fast the time is flying by. Some of my good missionary friends are leaving on Tuesday. When you guys get this, they will be out into the field. I can't wait to get out and share the gospel. We get to go proselyting this Friday. I am so excited.

It is so much fun to email you guys and hear how things are going. I especially like emailing when mom and dad are there, it makes it seem like you guys are right next to me. I really appreciate the sports updates Matt and all the other updates Jani and Juli. Hey, take care and thanks for all of your prayers. I miss you a ton.
Love,
Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment