Tuesday, November 3, 2009

We got mail!

Here is a letter from Greg dated October 18, 2009
(Just so you know, Greg’s Grandpa Shelley passed away Oct. 31, 2009)

Hey Fam,
How are things going? I am doing very well. Today is Sunday. I am so tired because of the time switch, but I am doing well.

Me and Elder Huxford taught about the importance of setting goals in district meeting. It went very well and the spirit was very strong. I love the guys in my district, we all just seem to click and get along with each other. Our District leader, Elder Brewer was just made the A.P. I am so excited for him. He will do great. Our new District leader is Elder Wooley. He is an amazing guy, very shy and humble. They both will do great in their new callings.

I can’t believe I am starting my sixth week. It has gone by so fast. I can’t believe I have been in the CTM for a month. Where has the time gone? I am so excited for Friday because Elder Scott is coming to the CTM. I just finished polishing my shoes. They are so shiny that I can see myself in them. Thanks dad for teaching me how to shine my shoes, it made it easier. This Friday we get to go proselyting here in São Paulo.

Just this past week yesterday we had TRC which is where we teach actual members a lesson em (in) Portugês. We did very well. I struggled at the beginning because I was nervous, but after the first minute I was fine. Oh yeah they film you as you teach and fix some things and repractice. It was tough but we made it through. It was a good learning experience. I can’t wait to go proselyting and share my testimony sobre (about) O Livro de Mórmon.

Thank you for keeping me up to date with Grandpa. I hope things will start to be better. I understood the Plan of Salvation, but it has not hit me until now and before I left with Grandpa. I am glad I have that knowledge that there is life after death, and that we will see others in the spirit world. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this is the true gospel and it has been restored through a prophet Joseph Smith. I also know that Thomas S. Monson is the current living prophet on the Earth. I also know that my Savior loves me so much that he atoned for my sins, sorrows and misdeeds. I am grateful that he did this for me and for all of his brothers and sisters. I also know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and Joseph Smith translated it through the power of God. I also know that the Savior is always there for you and can lift you up when you are going through a rough time in your life. I know that Families are Forever.

It will be sad when Grandpa goes, but I know that we can see him again. I know he has lived a great life. I am grateful for his example for his love for the gospel.

Tell everyone I say hi. Tell Grandma G. and Grandma Shelley thanks for the letters. I miss you guys and love you guys so much. Thank you for all that you do for me. Thank you for your prayers. Keep praying for me because I need all the help I can get. I still can’t believe that 1 month from yesterday I will be leaving the CTM and going to Ribeirão Preto. I am so excited. It will be hard but in the end it will be worth it. I love you guys and pray for you every day.
Love,
Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment