Thursday, November 19, 2009

We got mail--again!!

We got a letter dated 11/8/09 (day is dia, month is mese and year is ano)

Hey Family,
How are things going? I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. I can't believe I have 9 days left here at the CTM. I went proselyting on Friday and it was the best experience ever. It is just what I needed because during that week, I was struggling really bad with the language and I didn't think I would do very well.

On Friday, we went to the center of São Paulo to Sâo Bento Square. The first guy we talked with was an older man. We shared our message about the gospel then we started talking about the Book of Mormon. He seemed to be really interested. We gave him the Book and he sat there reading it for an hour and a half. It was cool to see how someone accepted something we had.

Another experiencia we had, we talked with a guy that was in his early 20’s. We started to share our message. My comp. Elder Huxford shared a scripture in John talking about sheep of this fold. Then this guy started getting emotional. At first, I thought dust got in his eyes because it was kind of windy. Then we started bearing our testimonies to him about the church, Book of Mormon and families can be together forever. Then he really let it go, he was crying. I right then gained a testimony of how powerful testimonies are. It was a really cool experience.

My other experience was one of our last. We were walking by and some guys wanted to talk with us. We started sharing our message and one of the three came up and showed my comp. some scriptures from the Bible, don’t worry they were good. But, while he was doing that I taught 5 guys about the Book of Mormon and answered some of their scriptures. I gained a testimony on D&C 100:6 (“For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea in the very moment, what ye shall say.”), because I experienced it that exact hour. It was not hard for me to speak, I was clear and best of all I was not nervous. It was what I needed in my life at that time. It was the best ever. I am so excited to get out into the field. I also witnessed a guy going from yelling in our face to being humble by sharing testimony. It has been a great week.

Thanks again for the pictures, my district and Irmä Elías liked them. Thanks for your prayers. Thanks for all that you do for me.

Love you all,
Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment