Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Week 6 at the CTM

Hey Fam,
Another week has gone by. This past week was the best. On Friday Elder Scott came and spoke. He talked about the importance of Personal and Companion study on the mission. It was a really awesome experience. I especially loved his testimony about the Savior. He said that the Savior personally runs the church. He also said that the Savior lives because he knows him. When he said that, it gave me the chills. I really liked shaking his hand and looking into his eyes. I could tell he has so much love for missionaries. This is the second Apostle I have met. Also Elder Jay Jensen of the 70 was there too. He spoke on the importance of Hymns in our lives and in the mission field, and also how the spirit comes into the places. It was a good experience.We did not go proselytizing this past week because Elder Scott came. We get to go in a week to the heart of São Paulo. I am so excited. I can now say the first two lessons in Portuguese, and I am working on the third one. It is crazy on how fast the time flies by. I have a couple questions: How do I sew a button on suit pants, because it is falling off. Last week you told me that there was a kid that just came back from my mission. Could you find out if they have washers and dryers or if it is by hand. Also just what it is like. Today at the temple we met some Brazilians from Ribeirão Preto and they said that it is an awesome place. I also heard that it is the highest baptizing mission in Brazil. I think that it is way cool. At the Temple our Branch President took our pictures at the Temple, one of the District and one of me. It should come by email. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Hey you know that flash drive thing for SD cards, well it is a big hit, all of my mission buddies are using it and say that it is way cool.

Juli to answer your question the food is the same. Today is pizza night, I have decided that my favorite pizza is banana and chocolate. It sounds gross but it is pretty good. Things are still the same but I am improving tremendously in the language as I do my best. The thing that changes is time and how fast it moves. I can’t believe I only have less than 3 weeks left. I can’t wait to get out into the field. Hey Matt I hope you get feeling better. Hey that is cool about Devan getting his call, tell him congrats from me. Well congrats again for hearing about becoming an Elder. Hey tell Freddy hi for me. Jani I hope school gets better for you and you get less homework. Thanks for the short message. It was the best meeting Elder Scott. The spirit was so strong and it was just one of my favorite meetings I have ever been too. We did not go proselytizing because he came but I will be going in the next week or so.Well I hope everything is going well back at home. Thanks for all of your prayers.
Love you always,
Elder Shelley

Hey everyone,
Things are going well. This last week Elder Scott came to the CTM. IT was one of the best experiences in my life. Oh and here is the cool part. After Elder Scott spoke he came to the congregation to sing the closing hymn. He sat about + or - 10 feet away from me to the left. It was really cool to be that close to an Apostle. Before the meeting I felt bad that I was not singing in the choir, but when he came down and sat close by me I did not feel bad at all. I went to the Temple again, it was an awesome experience. The food is still the same. The only thing that changes is how fast the days go and how many weeks until I go out into the field. I can’t believe I only have less than 3 weeks left in the CTM, time is flying by. Well hope everything is going well back at home.
Love,
Elder Shelley

Hey can you ask Sis. Westwood if she knows anyone by the name of Steck. I am good friends with one that is leaving in 6 or 7 days, he is from Saint George. That is cool that Matt will be receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood. Hey well I hope that you guys had fun at Disneyland. That is good that Juli is getting better, I hope Matt will get over his cold soon. How is the Bishops Storehouse working for him? Tell Matt thanks for updating me on the latest sports scores. How long until the Jazz start? When they do I want to hear every score even if they stink it up. That is cool that you are going for the Philles. Who is the other team playing? Well I hope everything is going well back at home. Right now I am so hot in Mr Cheneys Cookies. I bet it is snowing at home. I can’t believe that it is already snowing. Well have a good one. I hope Grandpa gets doing better, but when he does pass on I will be sad but happy at the same time. I am glad that I have the knowledge that life does not end after death and that we will be able to see Grandpa again. I also know that it will be good because he won’t be in so much pain as he is now. I am truly grateful to know all that I do in this church.
Love,
Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment