Sunday, October 18, 2009

We got mail!

We received a letter dated October 3, 2009

Hey Family,
Everything is going well. The past few days I have not felt very well. I think I am catching the bug that is going around. I am doing better. I can't believe I am going into my fourth week tomorrow October 4th. I am excited to listen to conference live. The meeting starts at 1:00 p.m. here We will be watching the priesthood session tomorrow, Sunday October 4th at 8 a.m. I am excited to hear what the brethren are going to say. I am getting sick of the food. After I eat for the past few days my stomach has not felt very well. I am also tired of eating the same stuff over and over. Hey if you want you can send me pictures. I am excited to be here and learning how to preach the gospel. I miss you guys everyday and pray for you guys. One of the leaders at the MTC said that missing family is a good thing because it shows how much you love them and how well you grew up in the church. I thought this was very true. I did my first lesson in Portuguese yesterday and it was the worst. I crashed and burned bad, but my comp. helped me when I needed him to. I can't wait to be fluent in Portuguese and that I can share the Gospel as fluently as I do in Ingles. I hope that everything is going well back at home. Keep me posted on new and upcoming events. I love you all, and miss you very much. Thanks again for all the letters that you send. Keep sending them, it is exciting to hear from each of you. Tell the Primary class that I love them and how much I miss teaching them. I can't believe again how fast the time has flown by. In only 5 more weeks I will probably leave for the field. I am excited to share the message of the gospel. I have to tell you something funny. My comp. Elder Huxford does not like when sister missionaries cut in line. Yesterday one sister cut in front of him when he had soap on his hand and was about to wash it off. He got really mad. So today in class I leaned over to him and showed him 1 Corinthians 14:34. He burst out laughing. It was the best. I love you all. Take care!
Love,
Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment