Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We got mail!

We just got this letter from Greg in the mail. It was dated 9-27-09

Hey Guys,
How is it going? Things are going great. I can't believe I am starting my 3rd week. It has gone by so quickly. Today is Fast Sunday and I am writing because I have some time. The food here is not bad, but not good either. It is too bad that my companion Elder Olson had to go home. He was a really good guy. I admire him because he listened to the the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Also he gained a strong testimony about this gospel. I like my new companion. His name is Elder Huxford. He is from Elkhart, Indiana. He is so strong, but very humble. When we teach the lessons on the first discussion the spirit is always there and it is just the greatest feeling ever. We just "click" together. It has been a blast here at the C.T.M. I love having the spirit with me wherever I go. I love the guys in my district. They are the best.

In our class we have a joke. The instructor instead of having 10 people, she wanted 8 and she was praying for 8 people. My comp and Elder Huxford's comp. went home. That left us with 8 people. She wanted this because it would be easy to practice the lessons. I don't think she realized how her prayers were being answered until now. So there is the joke.

I just love it here. Now I don't feel too bad for missing the BYU vs. Florida State game. That is too bad that they handed the game over. Well how is life? I am glad that I am out here. This week we are starting to give the first lesson in Portuguese. I am excited and scared at the same time. I know that I can make it. I can't believe in less than 2 weeks I can say a prayer and bear my testimony in Portuguese. I thank you guys for my prayers. Keep praying for me and I will keep praying for you. I can't wait to listen to General Conference next week. I am so excited. Well take care. Only 23 more Fast Sundays. Hold in there. I love you guys.
Love,
Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment