Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week 3 at the CTM

Hey Everyone,
This week was a really good week. I can't believe that I have been out for 3 weeks today. I am on my fourth week. Time is flying by. I hope everything is going well back home. Keep praying for me. I need the prayers. It rains a lot down here. The lightening is cool to watch. I am really sick of the food. It is nothing like at home. The beef is really good. The desserts are weird. I am glad that I am out here and serving the Lord. Well got to go.
Elder Shelley

Hey the first day we were here on Wednesday Elder Neeleman spoke to us. So sorry, but tell Mike that that is cool. Hey I forgot to say how excited I am about Austin Brunson. Hey if you see him ask him what mission and when. I want to know. Did you tell Grandpa G. about Elder Duckett? I thought that was cool. Well hope everything is going well back home.
That is all
Elder Shelley

Hey everyone,
How are things going? Things here are great! This week has gone by so fast. I can't believe I am on my fourth week here. I taught the first lesson in Portuguese the other day. I felt like someone threw me to the ground and stomped on me. It was bad. When we started I forgot everything I had studied. Then into it I did better. I am doing well. The food is gross. I am sick of it. I really like my new companion Elder Huxford. He is awesome, he tells us stories about his childhood and they are hilarious.
Hey Matt Congratulations about being able to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. That is awesome. I have told people in my district and they are way excited for you. I also am excited to know that you are gong to do a service mission soon. Tell me when you get it. That is too bad for the Cavemen. Hey I miss you Buddy.
Jani I remember when I first went on the freeway and by the side of the mountain. It was one of the most scariest times of my life, but it went okay. Hope everything is going well. Hey tell Dallin that I say hi.
Juli hey that is awesome that you were helping mom. How is student council going? How is school? Just yesterday we had a huge rain storm. Remember the lightening at Mount Pisca. This lightening lit up the sky and the whole CTM. Hope everything is going well for you.
Mom the reason it is called the CTM is it stands for Centro De Treinment Missionario (Center to train Missionaries). The guy in that picture was my old comp. Elder Olson. The Temple is small. The ordinance rooms are small. But it was much like ours at home. The celestial room is awesome. I hope everything is going well? That is good that grandpa is doing well. Thanks so much for giving me updates on how grandpa is doing!!! I miss you guys so much. Today we went to the Federal Police. It was for visas and to be finger printed. Hey don't worry about giving me the addresses. Tell people to check the blog. Mom I really miss your food. I am excited to get out in the field so that I can have a variety and make the food.
Hey dad, I hope everything will go better this week in DC. Hey I learned this week that your choices do matter. Like you heard, my district leader wanted to play a joke on the sisters and tie ties together and put apples in the last one and knock on the window. Well instead of the sisters being cool they flipped out and the whole thing became a big mess. It was not good, but hey I learned a lesson to watch what I do. Well that stinks that you have to go back to DC. How are things at home. We had a huge rainstorm yesterday and it was cool. If you thought the lightening was cool in Mount Pisca, here it is awesome. It lights the whole sky. It is cool to watch. Hey I hope everything is going well there? I hope work gets better.
Hey I sent a letter today. I will be sending pictures. Hey I love you all. Thanks for all your prayers. Hey tell Matt again how excited I am for him to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. Hey when you take the picture of my primary class send it to me in the mail so I can put it in the photo album. Hey that is great about Ryan. Hey tell Aaron and Freddy Hi for me. Hey I hope everything is going well.
I love you all.
Elder Shelley

Hey Matt
Hey I am so excited for you to get the Melchizedek Priesthood. That is awesome. Hey I do play basketball but mostly volleyball because I play with my district. Elder Jeppson could not believe that I kept sinking the ball. Hey all that playing has paid off. Hey take care buddy and keep me posted on the mission.
Love
Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment