Monday, January 24, 2011

No Accent with the Language!

Dad,
Well this week was awesome. We had interviews with President. I explained to him that my comp is helping me prepare to become a leader and that I really want to stay for one more transfer. I really hope that I can. One thing that made me feel good was that President said that I have no accent with the language. I almost leaped out of my seat when I heard that. Well I thought that was really cool. I made a really good contact with a woman the other day and we are going to teach her on Thursday. Well it was good to talk with President. I really love him. He said that we are using Skype to communicate with our families instead of calling, because he wants us to see our families and for you guys to see us. I am so excited for the next phone call. I am so excited to go hunting with you this year. Things are going very well. I think that I will stay and my comp will leave. We will see here in a couple weeks. Well I love you and hope that work is going well for you. I love you and thanks for all that you do for me. If you need anything just let me know. Um grande abraço pai!!!!!!
Elder Shelley

Mom,
Well it sounds like you are doing well. I can’t believe Rowena will be in Young Womens, boy am I old. Well this week was very good. We had Interviews with President. I really love this President. I expressed many things to him, one in staying one more here in Sao Carlos. I hope that I can. I love it here in this city. One thing that President said is that I don’t have an accent in Portugese. When I heard that I was really excited and I almost leáped out of the chair. Mom I really love this president he is really kind and patient to listen and get to know the Missionaries. I am so grateful that I have more time to get to know him. Well we found a couple more people to find and teach. We got a new Ward Mission Leader yesterday, so things will go well. I am really excited. I am not District Leader yet, but I am doing some responsibilities that District Leader has. Well things are going great. We learned a new thing for teaching and I am so excited. It is like a design outline thing. It is really good, when I get home I will show you guys. Well I really love this area, I hope I get to stay one more. Well keep praying for me, my comp, and the investigators. I really am working towards the goals that I sent to grandpa. Well thanks for all that you do for me. I really appreciate it a lot. Well if there is anything that I can do for you just let me know. Um grande abraço mãe!! Eu te amo!!!!
Elder Shelley

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let Elder Shelley know how much I enjoy his post's. I also have a son in this mission. We don't seem to get many details from him (drives his mom nuts!) but reading blogs like this have helped fill in the blanks. I see so much faith and determination in Elder Shelley. Even when times are tough he keeps a good attitude and keeps smiling. He has inspired me

    Doug Thatcher

    ReplyDelete