Monday, January 10, 2011

Oi

Matt,
Well that is good that you had a good time at Los Hermanos. Well hopefully that the Jazz can keep on a winning streak. That is good that AF won. Well keep doing good with the mission. Well this week was pretty good. We taught quite a few lessons with member this week. Well Thursday we have interviews with President. I am really excited to share my feelings with him. I just got done playing soccer and basketball. I did make a goal in soccer, but nothing in Basketball. Well you know what that means I will need to practice a lot when I get home. I am just really horrible, and plus there is no net. Well hope you have a good week at ATEC and mission stuff. Well I love you and hope you have a good day and week. Um grande abraço meu amigo!!!
Elder Shelley

Mom,
Well I hope that you guys have a good time at Soldier Hollow. Yep be the guard of the Hot Chocolate. Well I hope that things work out for Matt. Well we are teaching a mom and daughter. The daughter is 26 and is in a wheel chair and suffered an motor accident a few years ago. Well they are very receptive and we are having dinner with them. Tell Grandpa Happy Birthday(Feliz Anniversario). Well yesterday we had a meeting that was too close to 3 hours. It was all the presidents YW, Elders, High Priest, RS, Primary. It was okay but long.

I am so grateful for Preach My Gospel. I wish that I could have started learning from it earlier than I did. I think that one of the best things that the Young men could do is dig into Preach My Gospel. I did not really study it until I got into the field. It would be a very good idea for them to know the manual before they leave. That is my opinion because it took me a while to really dig into that book. I think that the best would be an evening thing. I hated getting up early in the morning when we had 1:00 church. I think it will motivate people more. I think during priesthood class they share about a part that they read and kind of do a mini lesson. For example have the leader pick a section for the young man to read, and have him prepare a short 5 minute lesson about it. The reason I say that is sometimes you get called on the spot, and it will be easier to form a talk if you know a little of the material. Plus it helps them get into that wonderful manual. I hope that helped. That is really funny about Juli and the room, yep she is a very creative girl. Well I hope I answered your questions. Have a good one and if you need anything just let me know. I love you and thanks for everything.
Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment