Monday, June 13, 2011

New Comp--Elder Vitor

June 13, 2011

Mom,
Thank you very much to Grandma and Grandpa G and Grandma Shelley for the money in my account. I really appreciate it. Well I got a new comp Elder Vitor from Recife. It is his second transfer. We will see how it goes. Yea I’m a little happy to stay in Lins. I just hope that we can baptize and really help the area. Peterson is in a city call Sao Jose da Bonifacio. He is training but not very excited about it.

That is really good about Matt. He is just awesome. That is really good that he can go and teach. I think that is just what he needed. Mom I will really miss being a missionary. I love being about to share my Testimony everyday. Mom our mission president challenged all the missionaries to read the Book of Mormon in a transfer. I took that challenge and finished, I read it all in Portuguese. Mom that was one of the best experiences that I have had. President promised really good blessings if we did that, so I really hope. Please pray for my new comp and especially the area that we can find really good people to teach. Good luck placing the Book of Mormon I will definitely pray for you guys. Mom that is one of the hardest things is getting people to go to church. We had one come yesterday, Bia, she has been taught by the missionaries, she is 16 and she is deciding between the Catholic and ours. She really likes ours. Well we are going to have the DL interview her. Well this last week was slow and we did not do as good as we should of. Mom the people here are kind of weird, they let you in to teach one lesson and after don’t want anything to do with it. They hate keeping commitments. Well keep praying and hope that many miracles can happen this next transfer. Have a good week and I will try and have the same.
Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment