Monday, May 23, 2011

Cool Experience Last Week...

Mom,
My week was pretty slow. We had a seminary thing with President and the Assistants. That was really good. Well we are trying to get people baptized. They just won’t go to church and when they do it is hard to find them home to teach. Well please keep praying that we can baptize someone this week. Well things will go better. I am just ready for a little change here if you know what I mean.

I had a cool experience this last week. Well a member gave me an address of a less active to visit. Well I did not plan a specific day. So Wednesday night we were knocking doors and I knock on a door. I felt really happy inside and I could not figure out why. Well this lady came out and I asked if we could leave a message with you guys. She said are you guys Mormons, yes. My husband used to be. Well we were able to go in and share the first lesson. It was really good the spirit was strong and we asked the guy to say a pray at the end he did not want to, but he finally did. The spirit was so strong. He was a member for 8 years and even had a mission call to serve in Fortaleza, but he got married. He said he really misses the church, he wants to go back but she is scared I think. He gave us the address and it was the same as the member had given me. It was a really big testimony builder for me that Heavenly Father is aware of his children. He used me in his arms even when I did not notice. That was the really exciting thing that happened. Well the 2nd of June we will have a mission tour and Elder Godoy will speak. I really like listening to Elder Godoy. Well things will go better this week. We tried marking dates but they fell. Well keep praying for me and my comp and that I can have the best for me. I love you and thanks for everything.
Elder Shelley

Mom, (For Sister Reid’s Lesson thing)
I have seem many blessings that have come from being obedient to the mission rules. I have had more influence of the Holy Ghost in my life. I have also been able to listen for the whispers of the Holy Ghost. It is such a pleasure to see many people gain a testimony about the church. As I work hard everyday, the Lord helps put people in my path who are ready to hear the Gospel. When you work hard the Lord is more willing to help you find the elect ones to teach and also you are able to really help people gain a testimony and have the desire to be baptized. As I have been obedient, I have been able to know what people need to hear to stop drinking or smoking so they can be baptized. I have seen a big difference when during a week I give it my all and try my best and work hard the Lord helps. I have also seen what happens when you don’t and your work does not go very well.

I really love my sisters Jani and Juli. I want them to know they are special to me. Being here on the mission I have really gained to testimony that this church is true and that Families can be together forever. I love my family and I am so grateful that we can be together. I know that this church is true. I want them to know that. I know that Joseph Smith really was called as a Prophet to Restore the Church of Jesus Christ. I know that the Priesthood Power has been restored too. I am so grateful that I am a worthy Priesthood Holder. I know that we have a true Prophet on the Earth today and that he guides the church. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that he lives and loves us. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve many people each day and share my testimony and help them gain a testimony. I know that obedience is important.
Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment