Tuesday, January 26, 2010

(Layne and I were gone on a little vacation--Here is last week's email for January 18,2010)

Hey Everyone,
This week was awesome. We had two baptisms of the Ward-does not count for the mission. Hey this week went a little better. I am so sick of Hot dogs, rice, chicken. Because we have had that this past week every day. My comp is like the opposite of me. He does not like to spend money on food. I love him though. Hey is helping me a lot with learning the language. This week has been a little rough but I am doing better at being more patient with him. Still doing the same thing work, work work. LOL Hey it sounds like things are starting to warm up down there in Utah. Hey yesterday we talked with some ward members and apparently it will be rain and sun until March. I like the rain because it cools me off, but I don’t like being drenched LOL. Hey I am sorry I forgot my camera at the house. I will bring it next week. Sounds like everything is going well for you guys. Hey mom and dad have a good time of the Cruise and be safe. Irmão e Irmãs-Brother and Sisters- have fun with Joc and try and do something safe and fun. Just have a good time. Hey have a good break and be safe. Thanks for all of your prayers, they are helping. This week I should have two Baptisms hey could you guys in you prayers pray for these two investigators. I am so excited. Hey I got an email from Aaron and he has 3 baptisms marked for the end of this month. Hey if you guys know Ryan´s email address can you send it to me. Well have a good week and party on DUDES!!!!!
I love everyone of you guys. Um grande abraço.

Hey do they have small packets of pancake mix. The one that you add water and cook. Just wondering. Hey could you send me the recipe for pancakes. Hey have fun on your cruise and eat something for me, and tell me what you ate for me. Hey I am really hungry and I think I am going to buy some chicken cordon bleu. It is R$10.72. Hey guess what there is a super market close to our house and they have some stuff from the US. They have a bottle of Barbeque Sauce for 10 Reis. It is kind of expensive but cool that I can still get stuff from the US here. Hey in a future package could you put in another bag of M&M´s- they have small bags for 8 Reis. Things are really expensive here but the food is really good. I guess I would rather pay more for good food, than have food that was cheap and the food was horrible. Well have a good time on your cruise and yes I am Jelous-I know that is spelled wrong. Hey keep working hard and Thanks for all that you guys do for me. Keep working hard and I will do the same and hopefully this next week I will have 2 Baptisms. Well have a fun and safe time in Mexico. Well I better go. Hey transfers are on the 8th of February. Have a good one. Party on DUDES. Hey tell me about what you did on you cruise and what the boat was like. I love you and am praying for you guys every day. Um Grande Abraço.

Elder Shelley

Hey I forgot to say. Hey could you guys take a picture of the snow. I don’t have one in the photo album. Could you just send it in a letter-not email. That would be really cool to show the people down here.
Hey another thing hey bro and sisters don’t complain about doing the dishes. Just be glad that you have a dish washer and not have to do it by hand. I don’t know why but I am like the designated dish washer, when I was back home taking foods I washed the dishes, when I was with Elder Laxton I washed the dishes and now with Elder Barros I am washing the dishes. Just be glad that you just have to dry them off. Well have a good week and be safe. I love you all with all my heart. Work hard and play hard too. The play part is very important.

Elder Shelley

Hey mom,
Sounds good to hear that everything is going well for you guys. Hey that is fine to leave the shirt he got for me from the Secret Service there, tell dad Brigado. Hey have a good time on the Cruise, you guys are so lucky. Hey when you get back could you look on the internet for a conversion chart in PDF for me. It would help a lot with cooking because I forgot the conversions. Hey I can’t believe that Richard will be ready to serve a mission this Fall, I am so old. Hey this week I have Interview with President. I am so excited. Hey have a good and safe trip. Hey I am going to email the gang my regular email so don’t worry about forwarding it. I think it will be good for them to get an email. Hey I will pray for you guys, and pray that the kids will be safe with Joc. I love you and thanks for all that you do for me. Um grande abraço. (A big hug)

Elder Shelley


Hey Jani,
Next week tell me what you guys finally decided to do. Hey guess what I have had more lasagna down here then I have back at home. Hey tell me what you guys do for food. Hey can I tell you I miss American Food. This past week I have had hot dogs, rice, chicken, and noodles every day. I am so sick of them. My comp does not like to spend money on food. Well can I tell you that the hot dogs down here are nasty. They do not agree with me at all. Hey my comp does not know how to cook chicken, the other day I was eating chicken and half of it was raw. I quietly snuck by the garbage and threw it away with out him looking. Hey I think today I am going to buy chicken cordon bleu. It is R$10.72 for 4 ($6.12 American $$). The food here is expensive. For ice cream in a carton like R$15- 17($8,57-9,71 American $$) I don’t get ice-cream. Hey guess what they have a super market called Pão de Açucar-Bread of Sugar and I found some American products, for example BBQ sauce for R$10 for a bottle a little bigger than the salad dressing. I hope that makes sense. I really like my ward. Yesterday we talked with the Bishop, and he is an awesome man. He takes good care of me. Hey can I tell you what I am missing right now HOME MADE DOUGHNUTS. I don’t know why. Hey could you have mom send me a recipe for Home made doughnuts some time in PDF. Hey well I hope you have a good one. Keep me posted, hey and if any teachers want to see how I am doing, give them the blog. Hey could you do me a favor. Sometime at school ask Laurel if Ms. Jaussi-pronounced J as Y Yaussi- if she is still at the High School. If so could you visit Ms. Jaussi and tell her about my mission and give her the blog info. Thanks I forgot to tell Ms Jaussi before I left on the mish. That would be great. IF you don’t want to tell Jaussi see if Laurel could. Have a good one. Love ya, and tell everyone I say Hi and Party on DUDES!!!1

Elder Shelley

Hey guess what I am on the key indicator page of the mission, and some of my buddies from CTM were on there too. Hey I just wanted to tell you guys that. I just thought it was cool. By the way transferences are on the 8th of February. Have a good one.

Elder Shelley

Hey Matt,
Good to hear you are doing well. Hey that is good that Dwayne Wade got a technical. Hey cool that you are at the library. Hey tell me if you like UVU. Hey that is cool that you will be meeting with the missionaries this week. Hey have a good safe week.

Elder Shelley

Hey Juli,
How are things going? It sounds like you are busy with Knowledge Bowl. Keep up the good work. Hey I think that it would be best if you guys don’t go skiing until dad and mom get back. I think that it is safer. I just want you guys to be safe and have fun. Well hopefully school is going well. Well it sounds like it is starting to warm up a little. Hey guys what it is like 80 degrees when it rains. It is so hot down here I am ready to come back to snow. Well have a good one. I love you so much. Be safe and play hard. Have a good time with Jani and Matt and Joc. Just remember Party on DUDE!!!
Love ya,

Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment