Monday, December 7, 2009

I am so glad that I am here...

Sent: Mon, Dec 07, 2009 11:53 AM
Hey Family,
Things went great this week. I baptized this week. The person we baptized was Iara(yara). It took me three times, first time her foot went up, second her head didn’t go down all the way, but the third was perfect. It was a really cool experience. We confirmed her a member yesterday in Sacrament Meeting.

We have a washing machine and then we hang the clothes to dry. It is pretty easy, except for today. I needed to do laundry and when I started to hang up the clothes it started to rain. It has been really rainy and hot this past week. Tell Mrs. Alder, Miss Johnson, and Mrs. Warby I say hi. Hey I will probably be using my debit card to buy some stuff for Christmas so keep an eye on my account.

Jani, I remembered my camera this week and I am sending pictures. Hey the mission tour was really good. Elder Godoy came and spoke. I could understand quite a bit. He talked a lot about what would help our teaching and talked about our biggest key is the Book of Mormon. It was really cool. Hey my mission president is way cool. He reminds me a lot of dad. Before the conference I talked with Sister Viera.

I am so glad that I am here. I wish you guys could be here and experience what I am. Hey it sounds like you guys have a lot going this week. Hey Matt thanks for the update on the Jazz. Hey it is good to hear that you are loving your mission keep me posted. Juli hope you have a good week, I am trying to send you a birthday present in the Christmas stuff. I hope you guys have a good week. I love you guys and thanks for all of your prayers. Well take care and I hope that the weather warms up for you guys. Well have a good one.

Elder Shelley

Hey mom,
I have not yet received the package yet. Yeah I think he is going to hate to shovel. Hey it is good you are doing well. I hope you have a good day even if it’s snowing. Well have a good one. Oh one of the Brazilians said that I looked like the kid from Home Alone. I guess it runs in the family. LOL. Hey when I get a recipe for food I will send it in an email. Hey that is cool the girls went to Christmas Around the World. Hey Jani’s grade is really hurting NOT, 107 that is cool.
Elder Shelley

Hey I found out a little more about phone call for Christmas. I will probably go to a members home or church-(this depending on bishop). I will call you guys, and tell you what number to call-the # for Brasil and for the phone. It is going to work out great. Well have a great day even if it is cold, hey it has been colder here too, it has been raining a lot lately. Well have a great week and I love you guys so much.

Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment