Monday, December 20, 2010

An Awesome Experience...

Mom,
Well this week was fast and slow. We had a few divisions this week so I was not in the house for a long time. I did go on a division with the LZ´s and had a cool experience. Well we went to visit the Recent Convert. We got there and he said he did not want to go to church anymore because his mom is not going. We bore our testimonies about the importance of going to church. The spirit was so strong. Well Elder Novaes asked if he knew the Book of Mormon is true. The RC said that yes I guess. Well Elder Novaes said to go and pray right then and ask God if the Book was true. Well the RC came back and said that when he started to pray words came into his mind and said that the book is true. The spirit was so strong. IT was an awesome experience. Well I am excited to see all the missionaries tomorrow. Well I will definitely take a picture of Flat Stanley and I will write to Cade. Tell them I am so sorry but I really have not had much time lately, things are just busy and also I was not in my house for a good part of the week.

Well Christmas call is Saturday. I am thinking about having you guys call at 8 Utah, 1 here like last time. I will probably call Friday night and confirm with you guys. I am so excited to talk with you guys. Well yesterday the choir sang in Sacrament Meeting. Me and my comp were in the choir. There were many practices and we were the only men. If you thought Sis. Eccles was bad, hey here was worse, they wanted me so sing alone, I did not. Well there were 4 men that sang yesterday. Well things are going well. Have a good week and I will talk to you on Friday.

(A counselor in the Bishopric asked we write to Greg and ask him what he likes about being a missionary—this was his response) Just that I love being about the share what I know with everyone. Everyday my testimony grows. I love giving the First Vision because the spirit is so strong. I have had small lessons that the spirit is just so strong. It is really important to have the Ward members help in Missionary work especially with Recent Converts. I have seen the consequences that happen when the members don’t help. It is really sad, I have seen many RC fall away because their only friends were the Elders and they got transferred. I have gained a testimony on having members help in Missionary Work. Tell the YOUNG MEN GO ON A MISSION IT IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!! I love just bearing my testimony to people, it helps strengthen my testimony and helps others.
I hope this helps.
Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment