Monday, October 18, 2010

Still in São Carlos!

(We were slackers and didn't get a letter posted last week because we were out of town. Here is most recent letter and then a little note he sent last week.)

Mom,
Well this week was okay. Well it is hard because the members really don’t want to help the missionaries. When we need their help they just give excuses. It is kind of disappointing. Oh well. We will have 3 baptisms on Wednesday. I am hoping it will be good. They are 3 girls we are teaching Bruna, Cliesa, and Lilia.

Well yesterday morning my comp laughed and said we are going to speak in sacrament meeting. Well I thought he was joking. Well we got there and right before the sacrament the 1st counselor called my comp up and said that we both had 5 minutes to speak. Well I got really nervous because I had nothing prepared. Well I spoke on D&C 18:43 about keeping the commandments. Well it went well. Then after we went to Ibaté(a small city outside of São Carlos) and had a small sacrament meeting and Gospel Principles class. Well the bishop of the 1st ward in Sao Carlos said that he was missing speakers. Well yep you guessed it he called on us again right on the spot. Well this one I was not as nervous because I found a scripture on 3 Nephi 12:16 when it talks about letting you light shine before men, something like that. Well then it was over and I felt better.

Well it was funny this last week I saw a guy that looked exactly like Frank on Everybody loves Raymond. And I saw a guy that looked like Kevin from the Backstreet Boys. It is funny looking at people and seeing look a likes down here.

Hey I have a question. I have about 40 ish pages left in my journal and then it will be filled. Should I just use a notebook down here or have you send me a journal in a package? If you send me a journal could you make sure it is the hard back and not with the clip things like I have. There is no more room for paper.

Well I have made a year and a month on the mish. Well time is flying by. I can’t wait to get home and tell you guys all about my adventures and experiences. Well hope you have a good week. I love you and thanks for everything. That is too bad about Matt and the free throw contest. Well maybe the next cruise. Well I love you and if you need anything just let me know. Oh and have the kids start thinking about things they want for Christmas so I can start looking.

Um Grande Abraço e Beijo
Elder Shelley

October 11, 2010
Mom,
I am still here. I did not turn senior yet. Well things are going good. I am excited to stay. Well I hope that things go well with Jani. Well that is funny about Juli getting into the Harry Potter books. Well I hope that you guys have a good trip.

Well I hope that things go well with dad in DC next week. Well I hope the best for Matt. To be totally honest I really don’t see any value in ATEC, to me it is a waste of time. Well I hope that you guys will come across something for him. Well nothing really has happened this week. Well yesterday 2 baptisms fell, oh well what can you do. Well I am excited because on of the sisters that my comp talks on the phone with is going home! Well there are still sisters and the one that is coming, he really likes too, so I hope it goes well. If he does what he did this last transfer I will tell Pres. Well have a good week.

Well nothing really is new. I am just doing my best. I can’t believe that here in 11 months I will be home, wow time is flying by. Well I love you and thanks for everything.

Elder Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment